Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Octel /Definity - Delayed messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

conniew

MIS
Nov 18, 1998
US
I saw a recent post that sounds as if it may be the same problem I'm seeing but there was no conclusion so I'm posting the question from my own point of view.

I recently was placed in the support role for an Octel 200/300 / Definity phone system, without training and I'm simply clueless. My first problem has come up and I cannot find any information about it on the Octel/Avaya site. The problem is that a user is complaining that her voice mail is delayed, sometimes for up to 4 hours. We've tested this and the message light on her phone doesn't come on for hours. What could the problem be and how do I correct it? I attempted to delete the mailbox and re-create it but when I issued the "delete" command it told me I could only create or modify. I tried logging in with both admin accounts but nothing worked. Any tips will be greatly appreciated. TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back