Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

octel Avaya Overture 250 with DMID integration units to a Nortel CS1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluerigsby

Technical User
Oct 8, 2003
GB
Hi,
I have an OV250 which is of course EOL. I have a support contract but its a best endeavours, based on availability of spares. I can risk it failing for a couple more years except that we normally run two DMID units which provide the message waiting signal to the pabx. These are really just nortel phones boxed up in a metal chassis and stamped with Octel as the vendor. One of the 2 has failed so I prefer having 2 incase of one failing.
Does anyone know where I can source a spare one of these. I even tried Ebay !
I am in the UK

There is a small circuit board and a 2616 phone inside the DMID. Have you tried changing out the phone? I've done that before and was able to correct the problem. Is it a 12 port or 24 port DMID? If I remember correctly, there was a dip switch or switches that enabled the 12/24 port mode. If it is a 24 port DMID, I think you can change the dip switch to 12 port mode and give that a try.

Hi kxboy,

thats interesting. Mines a 24 port, I will check this out. I seem to recall a 2008 also installed inside which does the MIK activation.

We have 24 port and 12 port DMID's in our warehouse.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back