Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Octel Aria 250 - save msgs to MP3, Wav?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EAdams2009

IS-IT--Management
Oct 20, 2009
US
We have a Octel Aria 250 and one of our Sr VPs has requested a way for him to save his 2-3hrs of vmails off to MP3, WAV, etc. I am trying to think of a way we could accomplish this for him. We do have Octel Mailbox Manager. Not sure if it would do that, its not currently installed.

At one time there were some Avaya PC applications that would allow you to login to your mailbox from a PC. However, I think that required some additional hardware and software on the 250.

If you have access to a VOIP network and a VOIP client on a PC, you could call the mailbox and login, then record the messages using the VOIP client. Most clients have an option to record, and the audio is saved in as a .wav file on the PC.

Or, you can check out this web page, they have software and adapters to connect to a phone and record the messages to a PC.

This can be done but it depends on how much time you want to spend on it.

The simplest way would be to network the messages to a system that has that setup already and the .WAV or .MP3 files can be emailed back to you.

We have provided this type of service in the past so if it is something you want to explore let us know.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back