Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Octel 350 UDLC failed diagnostic test 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtmon

Technical User
Jun 11, 2014
CA
I am getting a UDLC failed diagnostic test 20 on boot up. What is diagnostic test 20?

jtmon

It is one of the internal diagnostic tests. Not much you can do about it except replace the board.

There is a small 3-pin connector on the backplane behind each slot. This is an rs-232 output that you can see the diagnostics from the board when it is booting up. You could try connecting to that and it might tell you which test is failing, but what would you do if it says "DMA error bank0" or some crazy thing?

I don't remember the exact pin out of that 3-pin connector, but one pin is TX, one RX and the other is ground. I believe speed is 9600 with 8 data bits, 1 stop bit and no parity.

Thanks for the response. I will give that a try.

Double check the UDLC to make sure none of the chips are out or loose. But more than likely the UDLC is gone unless the slot it is in is bad.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back