Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Octel 350 in 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

nooga14

Technical User
Mar 11, 2014
US
I have heard that Octel is going to have issues once 2015 comes around. Can anyone elaborate on what is happening that Octel won't work properly, I think I heard something about the dates on system. Will it still function or do I have to go to Call Pilot. Thanks.

1. These systems cannot announce the years 2013 and later. Starting January 1, 2014, this impairs these systems’ ability to announce the message origination year for messages originated in 2013 or later. Message origination year only plays when the year originated is different than the year the message is accessed.
2. On November 24, 2015, the system calendar will reset to January 1, 1984. Systems will be unable to send or receive new
messages and auto attendants, holiday schedule and message date stamps, and other functionality will be impaired.

KE407122

"The phone was working fine before it knocked over my coffee.

All you really need to do is change the date on the system to a year that matched the current year.

The statement from avaya (2. On November 24, 2015, the system calendar will reset to January 1, 1984. Systems will be unable to send or receive new
messages and auto attendants, holiday schedule and message date stamps, and other functionality will be impaired.)

Would be true if you did not change the date but once you change the year to 2000 it will run for 15 more years. The only thing that will be affected is the envelope information for a message that is over a year old.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Just to be clear, I change the date on Octel on Nov 24, 2015 to Nov 24, 2000 and it will work for 15 more years.
Thanks Ken Means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back