Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Octel 350 can't delete mailbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Octel250350

Vendor
Dec 1, 2015
US
I have an Octel 350 that I am trying to delete a listen only mailbox and when I do the system responds "that mailbox is currently in use" A port test comes back clean telling me this is not a port hung on a looped mailbox. Am running reformat options now, any other ideas other than a reboot?

Is that mailbox being used on menu 4 as a port monitoring mailbox?

Have you tried online cdr on that mailbox and have you tried changing the mailbox number ?

I would hold off on a reboot but that's just me.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

The mailbox is not in menu 4 or menu 2 for port monitoring. I am able to change the mailbox number, however then I still can not delete the new mailbox number. I am not going to reboot so it will either be live with it or? The customer wants to use that number for a different mailbox type and because it is a type 1 I can not change the type to say a type 0.

Change the number and make a new mailbox with the old number and then in a day or so see if you can delete the new number you changed it to.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Ken I renumbered the mailbox and then waited a few days. The system would then not allow me to delete the mailbox I renumbered to if that makes sense. However customer was satisfied with that and didn't really need to use that specific mailbox number so it didn't matter in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back