Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Octel 250 reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nvogt

Vendor
Jan 11, 2006
US
I work at a not for profit Children's Hospital. We are trying to convert over to an Avaya Messaging platform. I am trying to pull a report that tells me how our voice menus are programmed. There are roughly 645 menus. When I pull this report the data is very old. We had a major issue, the server was rebooted, and since has not worked correctly. We were told by the vendor that somehow the Semaphore bit is turned off. How do I turn this back on? Is there another way?

What model Octel do you have ? If it is an Aria or older Octel i can help but if it is the 200 or 300 i do not know much about them.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Is your existing voice mail system an Octel?
If yes, which model, 250/350 or 200/300 or some other model?

Let us know if you still need help.

if it is an Octel 250 then there is no such thing as a semaphore bit that i know of.

Contact me off line and we can help with this.

Ken Means

Trying to print from octel 250 a message aging mailbox list.
I can;t figure out from the manuals what ia m doing right or wrong.
I get this huge scrolling list when I enter "P" but nothing prints-
I hope someone can help me- Thx

are you using a terminal connected to the Octel or are you doing this from a PC?

Please tell us more of how you are connecting to the box.

Ken Means

Ken I am using my pc-- with a us robotics connection
I have tried every which way--

In Procomm start a capture file immediately before you hit the "p". Procomm defaults the capture file to a .cap file type. Open windows explorer & surf to the Procomm capture folder and change the file extension from .cap to .txt. Then open with Notepad.

Should be good to go.

lastly any known softwared erc to add agddtional mailboxes? (Octel 250)
Authorized 3275- always running near the limit. The only way to keep making space
is running reports for Message Aging by Mailbox & Uninitialized Mailboxes-sometimes this
enables us to free up about 100 mailboxes-

Thx

Only the factory can enable more users and I do not think that they will do that any longer. I will check and see.

You may want someone to audit the system to make sure you are not missing anything.

And we can do that for you.

Ken Means

Thank You--- the company I support- is at the point of comnsidering replacemnet.
The Octel 250 I manage --and know its almost at its expiration here.
I am just trying as the support vendor--to free up space until this happens in a year or less. The research alrerady done in the past indicated we had no other options to increase mailboxes. If it were possible and resaonable it would buy them more time.
The reports are helping with space- if you have any other ideas or reports I might run-- I would appreciate it. Aging, never initalized, seem to have helped

What location is the system at ? Like i said before you really need someone to audit the system as you may be missing some key elements as far as users and who is using the system and who is not.

Ken Means

Irish1Pat

can you tell me the offset where the SM mailbox is ? per you post below i had it at one point and now cant seem to find it. this thread was closed so i could not reply to it.

Irish1Pat (Vendor)
15 May 07 19:02
All,
I have extensive experience with Aria and O250/O350 systems. I can perform all these taks mentioned here, but it is not something that can be easily communicated. In fact, when I was mentoring other techs in my former company (an easy guess), the requirement was that I would explain it all to them, show them by typing it myself, then observe them making changes (mostly to the SST) at least 3 times, all before they were allowed to perform this on their own.
1) There is a way to get into the Aria without having the Pri SM Mbx pswd or the 2ndary SM Mbx. There are absolute requirements that must be known in order to "crack" the Aria.
2) The engineering bit can be turned on during the boot up process, but like it was mentioned before, if you dont know or have experience editing offsets, then better off leaving it to us who can and have done this before.
3) The engineering bit allows additional sub-menus, commands, and functions to be run/displayed.
4) If your Aria does not boot and you do not know which drive (0 or 1) the system drive WAS, then try using disk drive slot 0 and boot it up. If that fails (usually with a serial number issue), then move the system drive to disk drive slot 1 and it should boot there. This presumes the system drive is a system drive from the system your are trying to boot up. In other words, one cannot take a system drive from machine "A" and try to boot it up in machine "B" when "B" has an additional system drive. The drives have disk drive serial numbers written to each drive.
5) The number of digits in the SM Mbx password is admin'd in the system as a minimum. It can have up to 15 digits. I have seen a few 3 digit systems, most are either 4 to 6 digits. Yes some even use the serial number from the placard on the back of the machine, and sometimes the SN is repeated once (Ex: 1357913579).
6) One can edit/change/write the SST and is not dependent upon a release. 1.0 up to & including 3.11.05-1.
7) The service bit can be turned on by the string stated above by KenM. However, the engineering bit requires either a reboot and edit of memory/SST offsets, OR, a Win 3.1 PC (386 of course!) with a dialogic card and the engr bit SW floppy disks to be installed.

I would be happy to assist someone further if needed.

Ken Means

I need some assistance downloading Avaya mailbox manager v4.1 on a new computer - Each time I try getting halted at about 77% into the down load- I have internet explorer 7

You are downloading from where ? If you are using the avaya plds try doing it without the download application.

Ken Means

I am down loading from a mailbox manager cd--new pc-- and get beyond 77% down load.
Was able to down load never with an issue-- but not anymore---
struggling because its soemthing I use often and cannot be without--any ideas?

Don't really understand what you mean by download from the CD. Do you mean it is installing and gets to 77 % and then stop's ? You may want to start a new thread for this.

Ken Means

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back