Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Octel 250 Reboots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lost5593

Technical User
Aug 19, 2010
US
thread923-1310608 - I've just started with my company, and I've inherited about 32 Octel 250's. I've had a rash of "outages" lately. I've had to reboot the Octel 250's, due to total unresponsiveness, to MWI's not lighting on phones, and other little "gremlins" that crop up. Is there a "best practice" or a maintenance schedule I should be following? Anything would help, as I'm being asked to provide a root cause analysis, and a procedure to keep these "gremlins" from coming back.

Not really other than every 5 to 9 years. That is about how long i have seen them run without needling a reboot.

If you have that many issues it could be that the port boards are getting to the point of breakdown.

I would need to know more info before giving a real cause as well as the type of PBX and integration on each.

If it is just MWI trouble then i would say it may not be a failure of the Octel at all but again i would need much more back ground.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back