Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Octel 250 not booting

Status
Not open for further replies.

pegasus63

Technical User
Feb 6, 2013
CA
Hello

I have an Octel 250 that does not boot up correctly. It goes through the boot without any problem/errors but then stays stuck here :

LOAD OPERATING SYSTEM: OK

Have you ever seen this?

Thank you

Sure have does it have a lan card it it

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

when it starts booting and it get to the dram walking test or when you see it start doing any testing do a cntrl C and then b to boot

If that does not clear it then you will need to clear the boot alarm codes Are all of the fans running ?

Ken Means

I'll try that and will let you know.. ill check the fans also

Thanks

is this in your lab or a customer site ?

If you have a modem on it i may be able to help

Ken Means

Customer site.

I am sorry but it gets stuck at this point after all the check/passed/started boot sequence

Operating System successfully loaded

Or if you are using a PC i can do a gotoassist on it to get access

Ken Means

Thanks for the help but i am not on site. No modem neither

Last week the octel system stopped working and a manual reboot fixed it. The following day it did the same thing. It just stopped and another reboot brought it back online but now it just gets stuck at operating system successfully loaded when rebooting it.

All the hard drives have green leds. The ccf have red led on OOS and SA

Humm sounds like it may be a drive or ccf but really hard to tell. What city are they in ?

I assume the customer is the one working on it ?

Ken Means

Yes, we are troubleshooting it with the customer there. Already sent a ccf card. Hopefully it will arrive soon

The system have two system drive(raid).

Ill give you an update once the ccf arrives... Probably friday

Thanks

Happy New Year ! If you need me to fly out to the site let me know (If someone pays for the ticket)

Ken Means

Hello,

So the customer replaced the CCF card but after all the system boot up self test it gets stuck at

OPERATING SYSTEM SUCCESSFULLY LOADED.

We have two system drive and two messaging drive. should we remove one of those or what do you think?

So the system looks like it boots but the last thing you see is OPERATING SYSTEM SUCCESSFULLY LOADED and than nothing is that right ?

I am not sure that the customer is telling you the whole story. Do you know how they are connected to the system ? Are they using a Wyse terminal ? and if so what port is it connected to ?

There should be some type of indication as to what the error is. If you let it sit does it eventually reboot ?

Has anyone clear3d the alarm in debug ? Does it ask at any time for the date and time om boot ?
This may be one of those times when you just need to be on site to see the trees in the forest.

Ken Means

Hi

Replacing the CCF card did fixed the issue because the system is not crashing anymore.

And it did asked the Date/Time and this is why the system was stuck at OPERATING SYSTEM SUCCESSFULLY LOADED. We have two way to console to the Octel 250,

1. Through the CCF ASYNC which did not show the date / time and was stuck at the OPERATING SYSTEM SUCCESSFULLY LOADED screen
2. Through the CCF console which prompted for the date/ time

Thanks for all the help

the modem port will also show the date and time

Ken Means

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back