Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Octel 250 modem issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmcna5

Programmer
Apr 9, 2004
US
I have an Octel 250 that I have been able to access through its modem for many years, no issues. Now, when I dial it as I always have, the modem answers, but does not negotiate. The old modem was a Boca that came with it new, and have just installed it with a Hayes, that I intialized myself, so I know string and dip switches are correct. New Hayes modem answers the same way as the old Boca did, so assume issue is not the modem. Is my only option at this point a system reboot? Anybody else have ideas for troublsehooting?

Are you using the init string from the install manual ?

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Correction, the new modem just installed is a US Robotics (not a Hayes as mentioned above).

I am using the string from the 1/18/01 Avaya TSO Bulletin (B102 Rev A): ATE0Q1&C1&D0S0=1&N6&K0Y0&W0, dip switches are set:

1 = On (down)
2 = Off (up)
3 = Off
4 = On
5 = Off
6 = Off
7 = Off
8 = On

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor