Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Octel 250 Hard Drive Initialization

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sooperbohl

Technical User
Mar 2, 2004
US
Good morning,

I have an Octel 250, Aria 3.11.05. After an in house power outage, drive 0 of our Octel has stopped working. drive 1 is still functioning. Drive 0 is currently enabled but not initialized. Is this a sign that the drive is dead or is there a simple proceedure to re install/initialize the drive. When I do a verify software on the drive, I get drive info and a serial number. This is a 4GB drive. Thanks for any advise.

Soop

You can try and re-initialize the drive. It might bring it back into service. The fact that you can see the serial number is a good sign, but you need to be prepared for the possibility that the drive is dead or at least on it's last legs. If you get the drive back it would probably be a good idea to run 0, 10, 11 and garbage collect.

How do you know it is not initialized? Does it show as installed in menu 12 ? Does it show as running in menu 12?

You need to use the modem port or get the device bit turned on to see it you can enable the drive.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Thanks guys,

The drive has given up the ghost. I was able to enable the drive in option 20 but it was listed as not installed. I was able to see the serial number of the drive when I attempted to install it. No such luck. I have a new assembly heading out tomorrow. Thanks for the replies.

Soop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back