Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Octel 250 350 Backup Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

puckster99

Technical User
May 7, 2007
US
Can someone please give me the steps to perform a backup on the Octel 250 & 350 and how to check to see if they completed successfully.

Also:

Can the backups be scheduled or do they need to be envoked manually.

Can the backups be run during the day or do they need to be run after hours.

Thanks

For the 250 it's in table 21 - 1 to schedule it and 21-5 to review the results of the last backup. You can schedule them but only one at a time. So if you want to do one tomorrow night you can schedule that, but not to do it on a weekly basis on Friday. They should be done on off hours. I always schedule around the PBX back up too.

From what I remember the 350s are the same, but that's been 5 years.

Perfection is expected, Excellence is Tolerated

At the main menu you will see the backup menu. Go into it and schedule a backup. you will need to put in the date and the time

m/d/y hh:mm and a p for am or pm.

You can run it during the day but i would run it after hours. You will also see a menu option to look at the last backup and it will tell you if it was a successful backup or not and why.

You need to schedule a backup every time you want to run one.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back