Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OCTEL 200 - Voicemail Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

UAMG

IS-IT--Management
Dec 2, 2014
US
Hello,

We have an Octel 200 and today calls stopped going to voicemail. When you dial the voicemail extension it just continuously rings. There are green lights on all the boards, but there are green and red illuminated on the FAX4 and ELAN cards. I am connected using a laptop running tera term via a USB to serial cable. Everything seems to boot up fine and I can see all the users when I use the update command. Is there a way to troubleshoot the red lights via the console?

Thanks.

What about the VCU and the processorboard placed to the right near the power supply.
Red lamps on the VCU could tell us something about a defective HDD.

///doktor

You can do a List Trace for all ports to see if the call is even hitting the Octel
@l t

1. ALL ACTIVITIES.
2. MAILBOX ACTIVITY.
3. PORT ACTIVITY.
4. LOCATION ACTIVITY.
5. MESSAGE ACTIVITY.
6. INTEGRATION ACTIVITY.
7. AP/VSA LINK ACTIVITY.

SELECT TRACE TO BE LISTED. (1 - 7, EMPTY LINE = EXIT).
:3
Enter port (Empty line = ALL)
:
Enter start time : Year Month Day Hour Minute or C (continuous)
:c

SoTel Systems/BSL Telephony Services
Tommy Bolden

Make sure the PBX ports connected to your Octel system are up and running - and that you don't have more PBX ports than Octel ports in your hunt group. Otherwise, do a port test in Octel to see where the problem may be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back