Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Octel 200 Serenade Question 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avayapbxtech

Technical User
Oct 2, 2006
US
We are replacing our Octel 200 Serenade VMX system. We need to know what information we should obtain from the system regarding extensions, auto-attendants etc. and the commmands to obtain these reports as no one at our location is proficient with Octel VMX systems. Please help.

If you log on to the system and go to the update menu bu pressing "U", then at the point prompt "." write "l all", you will obtain all data entered in the voice mail system.
If you make a logfile in e.g. Hyperterminal, then it can be saved or printed.

Example:
@
@u

.l all

If you only need the users, type "l user" at the point prompt.
///doktor

Let me know if you have further questions.
///doktor

We have some extensions that have what I call "auto-attendant" features on them - when someone reachs these exetensions they are given choices to press 1, 2, 3 etc. How do I list all of these extensions, so I can re-create them on the new Voicemail system? I do not know the specific extension numbers, so I need the system to tell what they are. Is there a separate command to that will list these as well?

Anyway, why swap to an other system than OCTEL?
I have several systems running fault free for more than 14 years now.
BUT, as you are swapping you need to list the profiles for the auto-attendants.
At the . -prompt (point prompt) use "l profile".
If you know the main greeting mailbox of the auto-attendants (found in "l user"), the number after the comma in "l user" tells you the COS of a user (Clas of Service).
If e.g. the main greeting of an auto-attendant is 4711,12
- the greeting is recorded in mailbox 4711 and the COS=12.
To list the profile for this COS just do "l profile" for the COS = 12.
In the OCTEL world auto-attendants are named SDM Single Digit Menues.
If you made a log file with "l all", then SDM could be found by searhing the log file.
///doktor

A way also to find the SDM / Single Digit Menues mailboxes is to use the "l user sd" command.

If you made a log file with "l all", and SDM / Single Digit Menues mailboxes did not pop-up, then try the the "l user sd" command.

By the way: What system are you swapping to?

///doktor

OK, this is also in the AVAYA family.
///doktor

This said the map 100 is end of sale as of 4 months ago? And you are buying a new one?

Product Transition for INTUITY AUDIX New Systems and Upgrades to Modular Messaging
Effective June 30, 2006, Avaya will no longer sell Intuity AUDIX MAP 5/40/100 new systems or upgrades. Sale of additions and expansions will be supported until June 6, 2007. This announcement does not include IALX or IA770. Avaya will provide manufacturer support for the maintenance of Intuity AUDIX systems, subject to the terms and conditions of your maintenance contract and a specific system?s release status, through June 30, 2011. After this date, Avaya may choose to provide some level of extended support, which will be evaluated based on future parts availability and other factors.
Language: Publication Date: 2005/06/30 00:00:00 Site: Technical Support

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

I keep getting garbage accross the screen, when I use Hyper-terminal to access our Octel 200 system. Any suggestions?

The COM port setting should be 9600,7 bit, Even parity, 1 stopbit.
If the noise still is at large, check your cabling and grounding between the PC console and the OCTEL.
///doktor

On our Octel 200 Serenade - we need to change the prompts 1 and 2 to go to different extensions. Right now nothing is working because we tried to make a change and must have deleted the prior extensions. Now when you dial 8171 and press either 1 or 2 the system says the extension is invalid. We want calls to go to ext "403" when someone presses 1 and "529" when someone presses 2. Please help..

l user 8171
USERS TABLE:
MAILBOX EXTENSION COS SECURITY NAME
8171 8171 117 Y
Currently 315 out of 5000 USER MAILBOXES are used.
.l profile
COS:117

TABLE 117 (MAILBOX INFO)
1. INTERCEPT MAILBOX 8171
4. MAX DIGIT FOR MENU 2
5. PREFIX DIGS FOR MENU 818
6. PRE EXTENSION DIGITS NONE
7. RINGS BEFORE NO ANS 4
8. MSG WAITING RINGS 4
9. TIMES TO RETRY ON BUSY NONE
10. USE ALT TRANSFER CODES NO
11. DIVERT MSGS TO MAILBOX NONE
12. MSG WAITING NOTIF NO
13. AUTO GREETING ACTIV YES
14. OFFSITE ATTEMPT TIMES NONE
15. OFFSITE SPEAK TIMES 3
16. OFFSITE SPEAK DELAY 5
17. OFFSITE PREFIX DIGITS NONE
18. NEXT MAILBOX NONE
19. OFFSITE DIAL SYSP DIGS NO
20. OFFSITE END SYSP DIGS NO
22. MAXIMUM MSG LENGTH 6
23. MAX NUMBER OF MSGS 32
24. PERSONAL ASSISTANCE NO
25. QUICK GREETING ACTIV NO
26. AUTOTRANSFER TO ASSIST NO
27. MSG WITH AUTO TRANSFER NO
28. ANNOUNCE CALLS TO INT NO
29. LANGUAGE NONE
30. GROUP FAX NUMBER NONE
31. OFFSITE ONLY IF URGENT NO
32. MAX FAX DELIV ATTEMPTS SYSP 209
35. OVERRIDE TRUNK GRP. # NONE
36. DEFAULT GREETING MBOX NONE

Hello!

Try "doktor´s" Single Digit Menu School.
I wrote the mentioned thread just to give a detailed description of how to make menu functions as you request.

thread923-1104220

///doktor

That worked great with the SD Menu. Thanks for the help. One other question - we have a few users who let thier mailboxes fill up. Is there a way in the Octel system to see if their mailboxes are full?

No problem.
Use the LIST REPORT 8 command at the @-prompt.
I.e.:
@L R 8

Write ALL or the Mabilbox number.

You will obtain a printout with number of messages and the amount of time they take of the total storage on the HDD.

@L R 5 shows the used/unused percentages of the HDD.

///doktor

To list all the SDM from the "." prompt type l user sd
This will list all the mailboxes that have menus as well as the leading digits and how many choices....

1000 2 613
That says that mailbox 1000 has a menu attached and the mailbox that create that menu are 6131 & 6132

then you can l user m
613 it will list out all mailboxes starting with 613

Hope this helps..

Thanks "Karen77025" that helps a lot. I have another questions how do you tell if you have a "Broadcast" mailbox? We had one setup so you could record a message and it would send it out to all the Octel mailboxes on the system. No one seems to know what the extension is.

first you need to find the COS that has the ability to create a broadcast message. from the "." prompt l cos. this will list out all the COS with their attributes. once you find the correct COS, type in L user C then it will ask you for the cos number...

i think i have spent way too much time programming these things...hehehe

Karen

It is like a sport to create scripts or flowcharts in OCTEL 200/300 voice mail servers.(for Menues, Press 1 for, press 2 for...)
My colleagues (taht deal with voice mail severs running on PC's) use the Windows Graphic User Interface (GUI), but I am still hanging around the good old text based command line interface that the OCTEl uses.
So making advanced scripts can also be done i CLI.
///doktor

Is there a "Format *.*" command in the Octel 200 to wipe out all users and information? We are getting rid of the system next week and before we give it to the Navy for a Boat Anchor :) we want to delete all information on the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back