Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Octel 200 - MWI on multiple xtns

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImmortalNexus

Technical User
Jan 20, 2015
US
Good morning!
I have a request from our Help Desk (which is growing) to have the Message Waiting Light trip on x4566 when there is a message in the 4545 mailbox. Is this even possible? The problem is all our messages for the Help Desk land in 4545, but there are 3 other people that may need to know there are messages waiting. So I’m not sure which direction to go. My experience is limited, but from what I do know, there isn't really a way to have 1 VM turn on multiple MWIs on other xtns. Any ideas or assistance would be appriciated.

Thanks!

Ed

I would think that your PBX would let you have a key on 4566 that is an MWI of 4545. On Avaya/Definity stuff, we call that an "aut-msg-wt" key

Thanks kyle. We ended up having to outsource the solution to someone with a little more knowledge of the Octel 200. But whatever they did, it works now. Just wish i would have gotten a capture file for it.

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back