Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Occupancy formula?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcarroll01

Technical User
Aug 10, 2007
US
Hi,

I just tried to put together an occupancy formula using the Agent performance table...but the work time I've settled on....regularly comes out higher than the logged in time giving me greater than 100% occupancy.

I basically used all the "time" values for my work time and the field value for Logged in time. What am I missing? How does an agent get more "time" totalled than logged in time? Anyone use a formula that better serves this calculation?

See documentation CCMS Reporting&DataDictionary>Frequently asked questions> Questions about agent statistics.

j.

The historical reporting data dictionary, as Johnjose suggested will provide you the info you need how the calls are pegged and when timers start and stop.

You are not likely to ever get 100% of the time accounted for due to overlapping in time pegging (e.g., incoming call on hold while you're on a busy DN call etc.). The only way you can ever get clean clear cut times would be to write a custom code and re-calculate the times based on several rules using the call by call data. But that requires a lot of work in my opinion.

What 'kind' of occupancy are you looking for? Telephone or in-chair?

I'm trying to get telephone occupancy. I've managed to make some headway by making some of my own rules associated with the values.

I'm currently toying with the idea of using the following for my values: (from AgentPerformanceStat)

Work time = Talk + Wait + Hold + NR Time and then using the Wait time as a % of Work I can get my value.

Thoughts?

You will be double counting hold time. Hold time is a subset of talk time. Take it out of your calculation.

Most call centers discourage Not Ready time. You may want to rethink having that in you calculations.

Oops....HOLD removed. NR time is used in our center for all non-call related activity, so it factors in as "work time" Thanks for the correction on HOLD.

Is your sum of Talk + NR + Wait greater than your Logged in time? Because if you use NR as non-call related activity 100% of the time then it should be ok. Do you have your agents use activity codes from a not ready state? If you do, an alternative would be to use the NR activity (work) times + talk + wait. That way it'll exclude any non-work related NR time.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back