Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Obtaining ODBC drivers for Windows 95

Status
Not open for further replies.

green3a

MIS
Feb 10, 1999
GB
I need to install 32-bit ODBC drivers (4.00.0001) for a 95 machine for Client Access to an IBM AS/400. This is to used in conjunction with an Access 97 front-end. I cannot find them anywhere on the Microsoft or IBM websites. Does anyone have any ideas how I might find them?<br>
<br>
Thanks,<br>
<br>
Alan.

You might try some 3rd party vendors... Intersolv (which is now Merant) has their DataDirect (<A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> and ibm has some info under the ClientAccess section (<A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> You should also try searching msdn.microsoft.com for &quot;odbc and ibm.&quot; The search server appears to be down now, otherwise I'd try for you.<br>
<br>
Hope this helps...

Check microsoft's web site for &quot;MDAC 2.1&quot; that's Microsoft Data Access Components - it has all sorts of drivers - it helped my access to a SQL server application. the update installs very nicely, with no ill effects. It does require a reboot, and if you automatically delete files in you TEMP directory, you won't finish the configuration. If it doesn't take you right into the configuration after the reboot, go to Control Panel, click on 32-bit ODBC, and tweak your drivers there. Good luck!<br>
Fred Wagner <p>Fred Wagner<br><a href=mailto:frwagne@ci.long-beach.ca.us>frwagne@ci.long-beach.ca.us</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

ODBC is a component of IBM's Client Access or Client Access Express?&nbsp;&nbsp;If you select custom install, you can select the ODBC components and then within the Client Access group, you should see an ODBC Administrator.&nbsp;&nbsp;You will have to create your DSNs point to the appropriate AS/400 and the libraries.<br><br>ODBC is part of Client Access V3R2 or Client Access Express V4R4<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back