Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Obtaining Customer Sign-off 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBSTR

Programmer
Nov 10, 2005
GB

We currently request our customers to sign and fax back their agreement to software requirement documents etc.

These actual documents we email to the customer.

What do people think about other, more efficient methods for the customer to send back their agreement?

For example, do people think it is acceptable to just ask the customer to email back and say the document is 'OK'? What other more electronic methods could I deploy?

Thanks

Since the system changes often result in changes to the billing, stick with the process you have. You need at least a physical indication of the signature to keep auditors happy.

In my experience, an on-site visit at the customer's offices by you (the PM) and the account manager to get a signed copy of the documents is, in fact, the best approach. There is something particularly positive and professional about an approach like that which makes clients feel they have been dealt with in a true business-like fashion.

If you accepted signed faxes, why not accept also scanned signed documents in PDF format emailed to you?

At my company there is actually a simple workflow that is setup for this.

(1) The developer creates a Statement of Work (functional specifications) which is routed for approvals.
(2) Next the developer attaches Program Specifications (technical specifications) which goes into Round 2 of approvals.
(3) Finall Unit Testing Results are attached to the same workflow for Round 3 of approvals.

The individuals involved in the approval process are the IT Management group and Customer group.

Deep Grewal
"Microsoft Works" - oxymoron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back