Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Observe RDP connections on Wink2k3 Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjbansley

Technical User
Jul 26, 2003
GB
Hi there,

I'm working with a colleague who is connecting to a test Win2k3 server using Remote Desktop.
My question is how do I configure the Remote Desktop connection so I can observe his actions?

thanks,

John

Goto AD users and computers asuming you are running AD if not goto computer manage local users and groups.
Select the user name you want to monitor and goto properties, under the remote control tab check enable remote control, then select "view the users session".
Save the settings.
Now goto Adminstrative Tools, Terminal Services Manager, right click the user you want to view and goto remote control.
It will now bring up the users window.

You have probably followed the steps above and gotten to the part about clicking remote control and are wondering why that option is grayed out.

This option is only available when you run the terminal server connection MMC from within a terminal server session. If you run it from the console, you can't remote control another terminal session.

You can only remote terminal sessions from within another terminal session.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back