Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Obscene Vulgar Message.. how to trace it ? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imstillhere

IS-IT--Management
Jun 6, 2008
US
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Call pilot 4.0 user has a message that was just plain vulgar and disgusting , the CLID in her call pilot desktop shows our main number, if i dail out using 9 and call her DID number that is what would show.. so, some one from our building made this call,or someone spoofed it..i doubt that though. I searched the call records and i can see the test call I made, but i see no other calls going out that had the same string of digits. how can i find who made this call.
I have to leave for the weekend but i will check first thing Monday. Thank you.

If you looked through CDR records at the same date/time stamp of the message, and you are only showing your company CLID, then that is what the PBX saw. I dont think there would be another way to pull the real CLID except possibly contacting telco.

If your company is using CDR for in/out calls, then your call records should show a call leaving your PBX (dialed by XXXX extension) and dialing the DID of the person who received the message, so the outbound-inbound stamps should be very close (next to each other in most cases).

If the calls were coming in at the same time every day, you could run a SLEE trace in Call Pilot, but that is really something you might want to avoid.. especially since the Call Pilot is only tracking the information presented to it by the PBX.

You should have call detail recording enabled that pushes detailed call records daily to a FTP server. (there are free versions of FTP). You could figure it out since you know the date and time.
You may even be able to PULL records from the past that are in the buffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back