Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Object or class Error on "Get External Data" Access to Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatNewGuy

Technical User
Jan 19, 2007
US
Hello,

My objective is to link an Outlook folder to an Access database in order to extract specific fields from Outlook that aren't included in Microsoft's clunky Import/Export Wizard for Outlook. I'm currently using Office 2002.

I've followed these steps in an attempt to link the two applications:

1. In Access, click the New Table button to add a new table.
2. In the New Table dialog, choose Link Table, then click OK.
3. In the Link dialog, under Files of type, choose Outlook() or Exchange().
If you're prompted for an Outlook profile, indicate which one you want to use
4. In the Link Exchange/Outlook Wizard, choose the address book or folder you want to link to, then click Next.
5. Give the linked table a name, then click Finish.

When I reach step #3 and select "Outlook" an error message states "Object or class does not support set of events." It appears this msg is linked to the Import Exchange/Outlook Wizard. The Import Wizard never opens and obviously I'm back to square one.

I'm not sure what is causing this issue. It's my understanding that the wizard is supported in Office 2000 or above. Is this a driver issue?

I've created a few macros in Outlook to automate the import/export process only for Outlook so I don't think this would effect the wizard from Access. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back