Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Object not contained in a Formset (1938)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpstafford

Technical User
Nov 13, 2000
US
I am converting from 2.6a to Visual. I am using a old Visual 3.0 copy at this time but will be using 6.0. I am converting all my *.scx forms directly to visual and using grids instead of Browse windows. I get this Object not contained in a Formset only after calling another form (Editing process) from a multiple grid form and then returning. This happens when I do a THISFORM.Refresh. Sence the error message tells me nothing I tried refreshing every object in the form and this error only shows up when I do a THISFORM.Grid1.Refresh. I also refresh all columns, headers, Textboxs with no errors. When I press the ingore button when the Error message is displayed the form continues and works with no more errors unless I called another form again. This only happens onces upon returning. I remarked out the Refresh codes and no error occurs until I move the record pointer in the grid1, which there is a THISFORM.Refresh command in that process. Need some help, Maybe just another good reference book.

> When I press the ingore button when the Error message is ?> displayed the form continues and works with no more > errors unless I called another form again.

How did you call the other form ??

If you used thisform.parent.otherform to reference the other form then probably this is the cause and you should use the forms collection of _SCREEN for referencing the other form, being _SCREEN.Forms.

HTH,

Weedz
veld4663@exact.nl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back