Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Object made of wood

Status
Not open for further replies.

fullmoon2

Technical User
Aug 14, 2005
I'm going to make an celtic knot look like wood, and googled it and found a tutorial here:
But it's not look like what I want. Can anyone help?
What I want is that the knot look like carved out of a piece of wood.

I can send a psd-file of the knot with some woodtexture layers on e-mail.

Huge thanks for all help! :)

Maybe you can blend a wood grain pic over a knot pic; see this tutorial:

Scroll past all the CS tutorials to the Photoshop 7 section almost at the bottom and look for Liquify Alert

You'll need Adobe Quicktime also available at the site.

"Learn how to warp and bend an image into the contours of a another image. This will all be done using the amazing Liquify filter and a few special tips and techniques".

Sorry but without a lot of brute force and time this is the only alternate solution I could find.

sam

Thanks for the (funny) tutorial! :)
I'll give it a try.. The only stupid thing is that you can't stop the video. But maybe there's other tutorials with liquify alert out there.. :)

The only stupid thing is that you can't stop the video.

Video playback depends on how you have your browser configured to play video. I can control it fully in my browser.

You may be better off saving the MOV files from that page to your computer and then opening in your media player.

Use the first tutorial and try different layer effects. You can also use the logo/knot as a layer mask if you want just that part of the design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back