Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Object failed to run due to an unresponsive Job Server child process

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgakhar

Programmer
Dec 14, 2005
MX
Hi,
Im using Crystal 10 and when Im running one of my reports by scheduling the report. However, when I run the report it takes its time to run and towards the end it fails with the error -
"Object failed to run due to an unresponsive Job Server child process"

I read in the thread thread782-1087598 that I should check the event viewer which I did and it shows this error -
"The scheduler component failed the object identified by 183182. The job associated with the object was unresponsive".

ALso note that the output format is supposed to be Excel - Data only. Also I get this error for only 1 report. However, this is the only report I have for this particular data source.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
MG.

Define "report it takes its time to run", it doesn't take any more effort to give an indication of what this translates to in actual time...1 minute, 20 minutes.

It could be that you're exceeding the amount of rows for Excel (around 64k I think), or the job could be timing out (I think that the default is 20 minutes), and you would be well served to try running it to another export format such as a CSV or some such to see if the report runs successfully and how many rows are output.

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back