Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Object Exporter

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckdevos

MIS
Oct 4, 2005
US
Has anyone encountered the error:

Unable to initialize voice player.
The object exporter specified was not found.
(0x80070776)

I checked to make sure DCOM was enabled and checked the components, Um Manageris enabled and running.

Anyone have an idea......?

My apologies,I jumped straight to error without provide any details.

The error occurs when attempting to play a voicemail from outlook, using the MM play feature.

Its an IBM T40 Thinkpad:
running XP Pro sp2 , Office 2k3 with Modular Messaging client 2.0.1
The unit is connected to the LAN on which the MAS server resides.

The funny thing is, it worked fine and i made no changes to the machine, then the error appeared. I could not find any references to the problem. So i uninstalled the MM client and re-installed it...........It worked fine for another couple of weeks and then appeared again.

Possible reasons are:

* Two machines using the same IP address
* Wrong configuration of DHCP or DNS. Short lease time for IP addresses may cause problems with DCOM. Please configure higher lease times of some days.
* The IP address of the client machine has been changed but the server has cached the old address.
* If a WINS server is running, this can happen as well. In the WINS server configuration lookup the respective client PC. Mark it as tombstoned (delete), replicate it if applicable and delete the ARP cache.

Please verify if you can resolve the IP address of the client machine on the server. Try to configure a hosts file on the server. In critical cases a network monitor trace will help.

Ken Means

There is an updated client to use for MM 2.0.1:

There is also a patch to use for WinXP SP2 clients:

The SP2 patch is probably what you need, the description states:

On a system running Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2), if you try to use the telephone interface with the Outlook Client Add-in, the interface may not work. It will instead display the error "Unable to initialize voice player. Not enough storage space is available to complete this operation."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back