Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Object Expected on Input tag 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicBoomBand

Technical User
Jun 4, 2004
GB
Really confused about this.

I have a 8 input boxes on my html page. On change of the boxes, I need the page to refresh. This works for 4 input boxes, but the other 4 error with an 'Object Expected' error. Can anybody suggest anything?

ONE THAT DOESN'T WORK
<input type=text name=LTSLinepack size=6 style="text-align: center; font-family: tahoma; font-weight:bold" onchange=Submit() value=20>

ONE THAT DOES
<input type=text name=FirstActionTime size=6 style="text-align: center; font-family:Tahoma; font-weight:bold" onchange=submit() value=10>

Obviously there are td tags around them and the form tag is:
<Form Name='UpdateGasday' Method=post Action='webESP.ASP?WCI=GasDay&WCE=UpdateGasday'>

All inputs use this.

Thank you in advance

Andrew Chamberlain
National Grid

The top input has a capital "S" in the javascript call whereas the other one doesn't. That's about as good a guess as I can can with the info given.

Need help finding an answer? Try the Search Facility or read FAQ222-2244.

LOL. That'll do it.

My Software Engineer supervisor has just informed me after I told him about your reply that javascript is case sensitive.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Andrew Chamberlain
National Grid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back