Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Object Definition based on usage of objects in report

Status
Not open for further replies.

svanukuru

Programmer
Oct 16, 2002
US
Hi,
I have a universe that has 2 fact tables and 2 contexts (A & B)defined against each of them. I need to define an object that will return "X" if an object that falls in context 'A' is used in the report else if object refered in report falls in context B, return fact_table2.field.

Basically, is there a boolean function that tells us if an object is in play in a report...?

Is this feasible...?

All input is appreciated :>)
Thanks

Hello Svanukuru,

Even if you could validate that an object does exist, I can not imagine that you could use that boolean with a second dataprovider. The language (SQL) to retrieve data has no interaction with objects already in a report from a first dataprovider, it just a one way process........ T. Blom
Information analyst
tbl@shimano-eu.com

Hello Blom,
Could you please suggest how to validate the usage of an object in the first data-provider at the universe level..?
(not report level)
Thanks

A universe is just a virtual collection of objects,the fact that such an object exists does not reference the fact that it is used ANYWHERE. You can only verify its use THROUGH an existing report that uses the universe as a dataprovider. I do not know if there are ways to establish the defined reports and queries in relation to a universe, but I can imagine the BO repository holding such information (though I doubt it.
My suggestion to you is to take this issue to another forum:

which represents a much more active community with a couple of absolute top-guru's T. Blom
Information analyst
tbl@shimano-eu.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back