Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Object Could not be found

Status
Not open for further replies.

nra2857

MIS
Feb 21, 2003
US
I have seen this question asked a few times on EE as well as newsgroups, however it seems that none of the solutions seem to work for me. Here is my scenario.

I recently purchased a brand new Dell Server and workstations. The Dell Server is configured as a PDC running Windows Server 2003. The workstations are running Windows XP with Office 2003 installed. The only other software installed on both server and workstations are Symantec Corporate Edition Virus v.7.6, and Exchange Server 2003 on the server.

I ran the Exchange Server setup and all seemed to go well. I created a mailbox using Active Directory for a user and it seemed to work fine. I then logged onto the workstation with the username of the mailbox that I just created and set up the exchange account. Still no problems. The account looked as though it was set up correctly, however when I hit Send/Receive the first task completes fine, and the second task gives me the following error:

Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.'

I have tried just about everything, even reinstalling both Server and Exchange. No luck. Any ideas?

Hi
I have also had this problem and also searched high and low. I solved it by doing a couple of things.
On the client side , (in tools\send and receive settings\ define send and receive groups, click edit) and check the offline address box has been checked.
Click address book settings and make sure that the address book selected is \Global Address List. If "Default" is shown, carry on below

On the Exch server, open systems manager and open Admin Groups/ First Admin group etc all the way to Mailbox store.
R/click to properties and browse for Offline Address List. It might already be showing Default Address list, dont matter - still browse for it and click on it.

Check client address book shown is \Global Address List. (might have to close down client and reopen)
If this does not work, go to Recipients and Offline Address book and in the right hand window, r/click and do a "rebuild" - could take a while if address book is large.

What i have documented here worked for me. Hope this helps
Cheers
Wallis

Well I have tried everything, including, deleted the Public Folder Store and restoring it from a PST folder, so that all System Folders would be gone. I still get the error. I have looked everywhere on the Net for this, and can't find and answer. I know I am not the only one who is having this problem, so where are all those Exchange gurus out there? Apologize for the shortness of this email, but I am at my wits end, and can not figure this out.

TIA,
Jim Restucci
Axcess® Internet, Inc.

I have this same problem and none of the little fixes have helped. I created a new offline address list. When I go back to the store, I am not given the option to select the new list. It just lists the old one. And the new one is 470k while the default is 0k. I've rebuilt the default a few times. This is really annoying.
anyone have any other suggestions? I've read about rebuilding the public folders but I really don't feel like doing that.
thanks.

--
i have exchange 2003 and 2003 outlook clients. only one exchange server.

after all the documentation that says you'll have major problems if you name a new offline address book the same name as the old one, i found one article that actually tells you to do it. so that's what i did (deleted the default one, renamed my new one back to "default offline address list").
that fixed it.
however i then received the 0x80040119 error, which i fixed using article 814441
finally.

Great Job! wfbtr, wish you were around sooner. I finally got tired of trying to make it work, flattened the box, reinstalled Win2K3S, Exchange 2K3, and copied all of the content from the public folders using a backup PST. We are working now, but that was a real nightmare. If I ever have the problem again, I will try your fix.

Regards,
Jim Restucci
Axcess® Internet Inc.

I had a similar problem and found that the reference to the Offline Address Book on the Mailbox Store was empty.
After assigning the Offline Address Book (browse and found it), dismounting and remouting the Mailbox Store, the problem was resolved.

Here is the KB article I referenced and resolved my problem

Good luck
Trevor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back