Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Obama and the Oval Office Telephones

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordonKapesMZ4

Programmer
Nov 28, 2010
US
Hey fellow phone people out there.....check out President Obama's phone collection in the follow photo from wikipedia and Hurricane Sandy.

It looks as though they indeed still have the Lucent/Avaya switch as well as the Cisco IP switch in the White House.....

I thought the old Lucent equipment was torn out years ago....but on his desk is the older Lucent MLX-20L phone as well as a Cisco 7970.....

I guess they like the security of land line trunks as well as IP.

Joseph Sus-Nortel Installer/Programmer

Nah, they just are using skinned Huawei kit, but don't want to admit it :)

Robert Wilensky:
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.

More likely, that's a secure 8520 ISDN set on a CM. Very common in defense. Not a Legend phone.

-CL

Wow, I feel like such a phone nerd now. Getting excited seeing phones I support being used by the current president. [bigsmile]

The great use of life is to spend it for something that outlasts it. ~William James

Don't feel like a nerd hanluc6933, or actually yes do, but you are in good company as we all here will feel the same way if we see phones we know.
I am just surprised to see a MLX20L there which is outdated by about 10 years already. Maybe they need to get a new system, or maybe they just need an old dinosaur phone system in case all else fails, LOL.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back