Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

O/G voice recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

iptuser

Technical User
Apr 16, 2003
GB
What is the easiest way to record al outgoing calls with you use PRI`s ? I`ve been informed that you have to double jumper each extension - is there any easier way?

thanks

Wayne

Easiest? Not sure there is an easy way. ASC makes a call recording solution, I believe marketed under the 6200 (I may be wrong on that number) product line from Mitel. In one configuration of the system you can monitor individual dnic extensions, in another config you can monitor a comnplete PRI. You'd probably want the 2nd config, and it ain't a cheap solution if I remember correctly.

Hi Wayne

It really depends on what you want to record, is it caller experience (trunk side recording) or agent/extension experience (extension recording).

If you want extension side recording then you may need to double jumper or if the sets are Digital you require a DLM (Digital line monitor) to convert digital to analogue so call recorder can record analogue voice. ASC call recorder has this DLM functionality built in so can save a bit of cash on recording supersets....
Trunk side recording would require just one "tap" for every PRI link..

Also how many people do you want to record....for a few users then extension side will be more cost effective, as the number grows then trunk side takes over...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back