Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

O/E changing shipping date on multiple line items

Status
Not open for further replies.

JulieB313

Technical User
Dec 19, 2006
US
Hi all, we are using Progression 7.600.300c - SQL. Our question is, in Order Entry, is there a way to globally change the date on multiple line items? For example, if a customer calls to push out the shipping date, the O/E people need to change the date on the order header and then each individual line one at a time. For a 43 line order this is time consuming. I searched on the Macola Customer Portal 'know-how' base and found that the same question had been asked of them in 2004, but no response was ever posted. Does anyone know a way to do this, or have any suggestions for some other type of workaround? Thanks in advance for any assistance. Julie B.

You could write a SQL script to do this. Keep in mind if you use MRP you will need to regen MRP to get accurate results, regardless if you manually change these or use a SQL script.

Shipping Lead Times is another consideration.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

Be a very simple MSAccess application to create as well. Two input fields (order number drop-down and a calendar for the new date) and a button to execute the update.

Peter Shirley
Macola Consultant, PA and surrounding states.

Thank you both for your response. It confirms my suspicions. I really appreciate the additional info on the effect this would have on MRP. This gives me all the information I need! Thanks once again, Julie B.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back