Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NXX not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdmeche

Technical User
Oct 2, 2009
US
I am trying to figure out why an NXX is not working in and Op 61 with two PRIs. When you call it from this location you get the carriers recording that you do not have

The NXX was added by someone else, but it looks like all of the other local numbers in the switch. I tried this number from a cell phone and another location dialing just seven digits and it worked.

I did a TRAC in LD 86 and compaired a working NXX with the non working one. The only difference was the call state.

Working NXX. CALL STATE = 10 ACTIVE

Non working NXX. CALL STATE = 3 OUTGOING

The recording was playing when I started the TRAC for the non working NXX.

If this is a good working number on other systems and programmed the same as the other working NXXs then what else could be the issue. The only thing I can think it can be is a carrier problem.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks

The NXX is missing from your service provider's database. Give them a call and they should be able to take care of instantly.

If you list your NXX and this new one looks like the rest then it is a Central Office problem

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back