Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NWRECOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

imrome

Technical User
Jun 11, 2003
US
Hello,

I am trying to restore from a successful save set. When I bring up nwrecover it dosn't display all of my save sets.

Does anyone know how to access the missing save sets? When I type them on the path line some will be found. Others return the message " Unable to Expand Path". I am using Networker 5.5.4 Build 333 Turbo/10

Thanks for the assist.

Firstly, 5.5 has ceased support as I understand it, so look at upgrading.
Try running nsrinfo clientname, check that it shows the files you are expecting, if not, you may neeed to run scanner on the tape first, to re-populate the client index (the tape may be recoverable, not browsable).

Although TDun is technically correct, i recommend not to
to use the artillery from the very beginning.

First, i would use mminfo/nwadmin to search for the save
set by name. It could just be that the save sets you are
looking for are not "browsable" any more. If so, no client
file index info is available and you cannot find these files using nwrecover. If they still exist as browsable,
try to set an earlier browse time within nwrecover.

If you search the client file index for certain files,
use

UNIX/Linux
nsrinfo client_name | grep string (case-sensitive)

Windows
nsrinfo client_name | findstr string

Good luck.

Hm, that is roughly what I said, use nsrinfo to see if it shows the file, if NOT, use scanner.

Another approach would be to look when was the last "full" backup of the directory, then change to this "browse time" and then recover from there.

I know it's a bit confusing - you know where you are but not when. So maybe it might be easier to use the commandline tool "recover". At least thats what I prefer in such cases.

Johanes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back