Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nwagent Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matracus

MIS
Apr 29, 2004
US
I am running ArcServe7 for netware. After a backup is completed, I have to unload and load the nwagent on all the Novell servers for Arcserve to connect and perform the next scheduled backup. Does anyone have any ideas?

What SP are you running on your NetWare servers? Are you running the latest patches on both Arcserve server and NWAgent server?

-----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

hi I had the same problem and it was caused by the version of the agent, I eventually had to down grade. this began occuring when I applied an arcserve patch to the client agent. I think this began when I went from version 252 of the client to version 272 and had to roll back.

make these changes below

at the server agent screen set the tranmission buffers up from 4 to 64
unload the agent
edit the asconfig.ini in the nwagent directory and add the cmp_max_req=32 at the end of the NWAgent loader line, e.g. CSNLM2=SYS:\NWAGENT\NLM\NWAGENT ARP cmp_max_req=32
reload the agent

add to the netware agent section the ip address of the server with the agent not the host server

[netware agent]
IPAddress = 10.0.1.xx (xx is the remote machine not the server, seems backwards but that's what they want here)

good luck
al

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back