Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NW6 Client 4.9 sp1a - client being overwritten 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwissy

IS-IT--Management
Nov 16, 2003
AU
We have a really weird problem. I keep finding clients with the windows login instead of the netware one. I have tracked it down to a setting in the client, in the tab 'advanced login' for 'initial novell login'. In the image it is set to on, but something is overwriting it every now and then. Anyone got any idea's? I can set it back on and it's ok for a day or so and then it's off again!

I've seen something similar, but I'm not sure it's your exact problem. When this problem occurs, log the user off the workstation. When the Login box reappears, are you seeing the "Workstation Only" box checked?

No the workstation only box is not ticked, although this has been a problem in the past. I have also had the problem of the double login eg: the user logs in as a user on novell and then the windows username and password comes up. I found this is caused by zenpol32.dll being overwritten somehow with another earlier or later version. I have tried making it RO and hidden to no avail, it still happens on the odd occasion. The other problem I have no idea what could overwrite a setting in the novell client?
Regards Chris

There's a Zenworks forum here, maybe you should try posting your problems there. It sounds like you've some kind of conflicting policies.

Sorry I couldn't help.

Thanks I will try there (zen forum)

Maybe you should check the registry to see what ZEN apps have been brought down. A poorly crafted NAL app object could be the culprit.

Where in the registry could I look? will it be under a heading ZEN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back