Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NW GUI and mminfo reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.

razvannw

Technical User
Jul 26, 2005
RO
I notice in NW GUI and mminfo that amount of space use by adv_file device is double that reality.
My adv_file (volume Disk.01) is 300GB, and NW GUI and mminfo -m show that on Disk.01 I have 528 GB.
The df command on the file system containing the volume show that the real size is 300GB and only 210 Gb used.

I think this is a bug.
Do you have any ideea ?

The whole AFT device is nothing else but confusing. You may have noticed that it is nothing else but a combination of two 'standard' FTDs.

As a consequence, you find each save set twice when you query with mminfo - one instance is pointing to the .RO media while the other one is pointing to the R/W device.
To verify this, run mminfo -q "ssid=xxxx" -r "volume,ssid,cloneid" and check the output.

However, the save set is only stored once physically on the R/W media - the one on the .RO media is just a fake (virtual). This is exactly where the discrepancy comes from. Surprisingly you may recover from both save sets although only one exists ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back