Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NW 5.1 SP6 GW 5.5 Email "Appeared" in Personal (Shared) Folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbbrick

MIS
Feb 12, 2004
US
All,

I know I'm gonna get so toasted by this query, but I promised a user I'd ask.

User1 sends confidential email to User2. Lo and behold, a copy of said confidential email winds up in User 3's personal (shared) folder. Both 1 & 2 have add rights to the folder, not change/delete.

User 3, who's also the HR dude, understandably wanted to know how this could happen. I advised neither 1 or 2 couldn't have emailed it into the folder, the email had to be manually moved into it. My guess it was a misfired drag-n-drop. Of *course* 1 & 2 swear they did not make such a mistake. (yeah-right-sigh)

So I promised User 3 I'd ask in the GW forum if this is a known GW bug.

Let the flaming begin........

tbbrick

My guess is that your "Drag & Drop" theory is probably right on the money. The only other scenario I can think of is if a Rule somehow placed it in the shared folder. I myself have never seen or heard of a bug in GW that would produce this result.

FarOut
V-Peace-V

Thanks Far. Hadn't thot of a Rule, but I personally don't think any of them have a clue what Rules are. And, as they can be this dangerous with something as basic as DnD, I don't think I'll enlighten them any time soon. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back