Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NW 5.0 + DLT 40 + CPQSCI

Status
Not open for further replies.

aalva

IS-IT--Management
Feb 16, 2003
PE
Proliant 1600
DLT 40/80GB
Netware 5.0 + SP6a + Post SP

I have al P 1600 that used for my testing , i installed N5 + Arcserve 6.6 always worked right.

Now that server puted in production as a replace of an old one. Migrate the NDS a everything was good.
But when i installed the arcserve 6.6 it could not find the tape
at console type list devices an only appare my Cd rom an my Smart Array but no DLT found.
checking the startup saw this lines
LOAD IDECD.CDM
LOAD CPQSHD.CDM
LOAD IDEATA.HAM PORT=1F0 INT=e
LOAD CPQSCSI.HAM SLOT=10009
LOAD CPQSCSI.HAM SLOT=10010
LOAD CPQARRAY.HAM SLOT=6
I thought the tape was wrong a puted a new one and the same error. i think that cpqscsi y not loading good with the dlt
if i do a modules CPQSCSI i see that ham up.
besides I load the SCSISCAN utility from arcserve and detected only my array but no tape is found.

Hi aalva,

You need to load the ASPI driver. Try loading NWASPI.

Lou

Where have you plugged the DLT into the server? You cannot plug it into the Smart Array controller, it must either go on the External port for the onboard SCSI or a sepearate SCSI card. -----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

Well the dlt is internal and is separte from the smart array
i load nwaspi but no signs of the dlt

Hi,

If SCSISCAN does not see the drive, it's a OS/Driver issue.

How many controllers are in the server besides the Arra controller?

Try loading one more instance of CPQSCSI without the slot assignment.

Lou

Does the server scan for SCSI devices when it boots(before Netware loads)? Does Compaq diagnostics see the Controller or Tape Drive? What happens if you plug a different device onto the controller, such as a hard disk? If the diags see the drive and controller it is a Netware/driver issue. If the diags do not see the drive or controller I would recheck the connections. What happens if you load cpqscsi.nlm without any slot assignment, then load nwtape.nlm. Then try to use sbcon to eliminate any ARCserve issues.

Good luck

CANWPABD.NLM is necessary on Netware 5.1 for ArcserveIT6.6 to see a DLT40/80 drive. Info was on CA's site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back