Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NVRAID Broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

klownska

Technical User
Oct 24, 2003
AU
Hi,
I have an NForce4 Mobo with onboard RAID, I had to pull it to bits to replace a failing fan.
I had 2 SATA HD's on the NVRAID connectors, I put them back together but now when I start it I get NTLDR missing.
Is it possible for me to recreate this array with all the data, or just recover the data? as neither drive ever failed, they just got disconnected.
Thanx in advance.

*Duct tape is kinda of like the Jedi Force,
It has a dark side, and a light side, and
it holds the world together*

I've installed Windows on another drive in the same box, when it boots up, I can see a 300Gb NTFS partition (I have 2 160gb SATA drives) so it seems the array is kind of still intact.
Any tips would be appreciated.

Well I can SEE the drive in Windows Explorer, and in the disk management console, it's recognised as the 300Gb RAID array.
But if I try to open it I get a can't open disk error, and if I try to view properties, it shows as a 0 byte RAW partition.
Ontrack Easy Recovery can see the old files, but it loses filenames and restores corrupt data (not a problem with the drive, but the software.)
I tried using Runtime's RAID Reconstructor, but it doesn't seem to work, though I haven't tried too hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back