Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

nView Clone Desktop Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquidmonkey

Technical User
Sep 25, 2004
SE
i'm using winXP service pack 2, with Nvidia MMX 440 8x AGP card with one monitor.
i just bought a video cable to go from the video card to my Tv, plugged it in and nothing happened so then i decided to mess with the nView settings.
Massive Mistake.
I went into 'clone mode' and picked 'analog to TV' and then i was screwed!!
my desktop picture now shows and i cannot see the icons or the XP start menu.
it all appears to be to the left of my monitor and i have tried so much but cannot get the fatal error reversed. windows starts fine when i reboot, but i just can't see my original desktop, only the picture appears as i'm assuming it was 'cloned' the mouse is even present, allowing me to right click, create folders and so forth. there is a nView setting that appears when i right click and there are two options 1) TV or 2) analog. i have clicked on both many times but nothing changes.

is there an easy way out of this?
man, i feel super stupid!!! please help me????

thanks in advance ;)

Can you get to the nView Desktop Manager - nView Properties - disable?. Can you do a "system restore" to before you made the changes?

Have you tried unplugging the video cable and rebooting? This sometimes resets the settings back to Single Monitor.

Also, if you can create folders and things, try right-clicking the desktop, say "Properties" then use the keyboard combination Alt-Space and then push the letter M, and use your arrow keys to move the screen properties window to either the left or right a ways to get the screen display properties window into the display that you can actually still see...

Hope this helps?
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back