Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nvidia 9600xt Video out/Monitor problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kutter

IS-IT--Management
Dec 24, 2003
GB

Hi all,

I am posting for a friend of mine because he has the weirdest problem I have ever seen. (plus because of it he cant get online to do it himself)

Recently he was using his TVout to transfer some video tape to normal VHS. All went well...

After this, about 2 days after his monitor decided to shut down. What I mean by this is that the TV still had an output (windows/etc) but the monitor was just blank.
No amount of messing with the settings of Nview could get the monitor to come back on.
He borrowed a second monitor from his brother and all was well... Until 3 days after having it working perfectly normally, the second monitor did exactly the same thing. Blank screen yet if you turn on the TV you can see windows etc...

We are both computer engineers, we have discussed this problem with other engineers and no one can offer ANY solution... We dont want to put another monitor on his PC for obvious reasons, and other PC's on the 'seemingly' broken monitors also DONT work.

Can anyone shed any light on this MOST bizzare problem??

Thx in advance,

Kutter...

What is the resolution of the video card? It may be set at a resolution that the monitors can't handle. Too high a resolution can damage a monitor. Hook up another monitor, boot into "safe" mode, and set for standard 800x600. I would start the test with a different video card to make sure that it isn't killing the monitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back