Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nupoint Vm

Status
Not open for further replies.

illini07

Technical User
Jan 10, 2010
US
Dealing with a SX 2000 that had a Repartee VM that crashed. We installed NuPoint with a dialogical gateway between it and the 2000. Problem is when a MB receives a message and the message light comes on, if you press the message key it says no messages, but you can dial pilot # of VM hunt group and retrieve the message. They have superset 4225's and the key that flashes appears on the top right of the set, it does not appear to be a prgrammable key. Only thing that changed on 2000 was to remove 4 members of VM hunt group as they went from 12 ports to 8. Any suggestions on how to make the flashing message key take the user to vm would be helpful.

Not much experience with the 2K but this behaviour may be normal for a TDM set.

From the Manual: (assuming you are using Dialed Message Waiting)
To respond to a message waiting condition on your telephone:
• Lift the handset.
• Dial the number of the designated messaging answer point.

It does not say "Press message Key"

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Thanks for the reply, I was thrown into this fix so I am really going off what the customer says was the way they got their messages. They have said that they always pushed the message button to listen to messages. Yes you can dial the pilot # to VM hunt group and check messages. Im just looking to find out how it can be made to happen by pushing message key. Is it possible that the removed members of hunt group are an issue, I have not deleted them out of system.

is it possible that the key was a MWI key which will do what you want if it works the same as a 3300?

Dialogic integrations are really painful to get to work properly..

You mentioned taking some ports off the HG.. Do you have one of the ports in there to act as a dialer, set to permanent DND in its CoS?

There is no real difference between the way the SX2000 and the 3300 handle message waiting that I am aware of. Sound like the message waiting ports may not be setup correctly in that the Nupoint is just turning on the message waiting light rather then leaving a callback which is what you want to happen. Can you provide details on how the ports are setup?

The single biggest problem with communications is the illusion that it has taken place.

Hi,if you do a Loc Fe Ext XXXX on the 4025's Ext does it say a callback message or just Dialed Message Waiting.I would have thought that the ports that do the message waiting would be in a Voicemail Hunt group on their own and that Huntgroup is rerouted always to Pilot Hunt Group .

gib1506 - The normal setup is for the MWI Ports to be members of the Voicemail group and have the Permanent DND option enabled.

I believe the MWI type that will show up is Dialed Message waiting (although it should not be). If, as loopylou indicates, there is no difference between the 3300 and the 2K, I do not believe the MWI ports are set up correctly.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Thanks for everyones input, I won't be back at that site until the end of the week and I will again look at all suggestions. It's always good to see different suggestions, please keep 'em coming.

If the Dialogical Gateway he is talking about is a PIMG Pabx-Ip Media Gateway(connects 8 dnic ports) then the problem will lie there .I remember you need to change one of the default DTMF Tones in the PIMG to get Message Waiting working.

Thanks for everyones help. I put MWI port on perm. dnd and added it as member of vm hunt grp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back