Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nupoint Messenger UM and Outlook 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

cer2225

IS-IT--Management
Feb 20, 2008
US
Does anyone know when Nupoint Messengers Unified Messaging will support Outlook 2007. My vendor was unable last fall to get it working and Mitel told them that they will not have support until sometime in 2008.

Thanks for any information.

You are not clear in your question.

Are you asking if NuPoint supports Outlook 2007 or Exchange 2007?

Exchange 2007 is not support, including Rls 12.

Outlook 2007 is not supported, however the OCP (add-in) does work with some minimal issues.

Specifically we are using Outlook 2007 with Exchange 2003. My vendor could not get the UM piece to work. He upgraded me to release 11 and sold me the UM package. That was last fall. He could not get it to work and said that Mitel will not support this until 2nd. qtr 2008.

Now he has over 5K of our money so I just want to keep on top of them because if I don't things get forgotten about, so I figured I would ask the experts on this forum. Or is he just blowing smoke and should be able to get it working?

Thanks for any input.

Exchange 2003 is supported with Rls 11 (and 12). Outlook 2007 is supported as the client, however the add-in (which is optional) is not supported.

By add-in are you refering to the Active Directory snap-in?

No, I was speaking about Outlook, so A/D does not partain to that part of the conversation. I was speaking about the Outlook Add-In (the Outlook tool bar).

Sorry to interupt your thread for this...
But I have no other way to get ahold of you.

Cer2225, on another post for the Polycom IP 4000 sets, you stated that you got these SIP phones up and working.

I was wondering if I could get your notes on how to get these phones to work.

Thanks Cer2225.

My e-mail iam_ay@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back