Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nupoint General Question Auto ATT 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldTimingMan

Vendor
Aug 19, 2015
US
Is there a mailbox option that will prevent callers from ringing an extension?
Example: Employee is home recuperating. Just want calls from auto att to go straight to their voicemail with no routing or redirect from pbx.

Lundah, that's "interference" from PBX. I don't want the call routed back to the PBX.

That is exactly what happens if you use micollac and a status. You will see more and more manual steps being done by the end user.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Re: Lundah, that's "interference" from PBX. I don't want the call routed back to the PBX.

The alternative is to take 5 steps to perform the task of 1 and that assumes you have the capability license wise and know how programming wise.

If you activate a call flow for the mailbox and are dialing from another call flow and have the try call flow first option checked on the destination mailbox and have the callflow designed to go directly to voicemail and all of the programming and licensing that that entails you can get by without using DND

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Well technically with my suggestion the call isn't actually routed to the PBX since the transfer will be rejected, so NuPoint won't release the call, but I get what you're saying. I still think that in this case it's the easiest solution.

I've been busy on new installs. Was able to check this morning and found I have more than enough call flow licenses. Now need to check on rest of kwbmitel's suggestion. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back