Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NuPoint Call Director Press Choice to Ring Groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishhead64

Technical User
Apr 25, 2007
US
I have a Call Director menu with press choices to ring groups where we route to cell phones for on call staff.
I can dial them fine directly. When I use a press choice off the menu, I hear a couple seconds of MOH, then dead air and nothing happens.
The ring groups have members that are External Hot Desking Users (ex. 175*7).

What do we need to change to get this to work?

Thanks!
Al Feinberg
MiCollab 9.6.0.105-01
Mitel Standard Linux 11.0.99
OVA 9.4.1.8
MiVoice Business Release level: 9.4
NuPoint Unified Messaging Build: 20.6.0.4.01
Revolutions 2022.2.1
MiCC 9.4.2
MiR 7.0.0-16.0
CCMWeb
PowerPlay

Have you manually tried the transfer of an external partiy to this ring group? If so does the also fail?. Also might need to adjust the timer in nupoint depending upon trunk type. SipUA.conf int the I think ipnpm directory. Timer value is usually 4000, might change to 9000 and stop and restart nupopint for the change.

Yes, I can dial them directly and they work, I can transfer calls to them and they work.
They don't work as a Blind Transfer press choice from a Call Director Call Flow menu.
I hear a second or two of MOH then dead air forever.
Not sure where to find "SipUA.conf int the I think ipnpm directory" plus not comfortable changing things I don't understand.

Thanks!
Al Feinberg
MiCollab 9.6.0.105-01
OVA 9.4.1.8
Revolutions 2022.2.1
MiCC 9.4.2
MiR 7.0.0-16.0
CCMWeb
PowerPlay

One other thing to try would be to change the transfer type in the call flow to "Alternate Transfer". If that doesn't work, the suggestion from jpruder would be the next thing to try. That involved modifying a field in a text config file and restarting NuPoint. If you're comfortable modifying Linux config files it should be simple. If not, your support partner should be able to do it.

Alternate Transfer immediately disconnected the call whether a valid extension or Ring Group.

Blind Transfer when agent Absent announced I'm sorry, extension 1234 is on another call..."
With an agent Present, a couple seconds of MOH, then dead air.

I guess we'll open a ticket with our vendor.

Thanks!
Al Feinberg
MiCollab 9.6.0.105-01
OVA 9.4.1.8
Revolutions 2022.2.1
MiCC 9.4.2
MiR 7.0.0-16.0
CCMWeb
PowerPlay

Nope, don't know where that file is, how to get there or the process to change it. We have 6 months experience with this platform and not comfortable modifying config files yet.

Thanks!
Al Feinberg
MiCollab 9.6.0.105-01
OVA 9.4.1.8
Revolutions 2022.2.1
MiCC 9.4.2
MiR 7.0.0-16.0
CCMWeb
PowerPlay

You need to make sure you have ssh access enabled to the server then log into using putty as rootwith the same password as adimn. Setting up ssh is under the remote access setting usually set mine to yes yes trusted.

Once loged in you can always use midnight commander to move around and edit files if needed by typing mc. I think the file is in the ipnpm directory and would have a default value of 4000 which I would change to 9000 and save. Stop and restart nupoint or reboot server for this to take effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back