Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Numlocks and Great Plains..the saga continues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patiwaq

MIS
Dec 12, 2001
US
Running Win2k/XPe/FR3
We all know what wonderful issues we have with numlocks in some applications. However no matter what I do to force numlocks "on" it still stops from time to time no matter what client release claims to fix the problem.

-I have made a group policy for numlocks on start up, like recommended on many tech sites.
-I have made the change in the registry for the keyboard indicatators from 0 to 2.
-I have shadowed users and hit the numlocks to force what the server console is sending.

Ive upgraded each client last week to the lastest and greatest version, however numlocks still turns off in the application.

Heres the senario- We run Great Plains. When the user signs in..they have numlocks on. However in some custom fields and windows they tab into, certain windows turns numlocks off. (With the new client release it does give them the ability to turn numlocks back on, before they never had that luxury) Once out of custom windows, numlocks stay on. Custom windows are generated using VB script. I made sure "send numlock" statements are included with each script statement. Yet numlocks are still turned off by a few custom windows (not all..just some)

My only way around this is to roll back the client version to 1050 (1051 started this mess). I really want to keep all clients on the same version. Plus the newest client version works the best with FR3.

Any info is greatly appreciated..its not fun dealing with angry accountants. : )

This refers to the group policy that I made reference to...but thanks anyways.

I understand that, but you said you have custom VB windows. Could you put these lines in those windows? Or can you not get to the code?

Jon

There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge. (Bertrand Russell)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back