Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Numbers in called party list on IP phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazzbut

Technical User
Oct 9, 2003
GB
Hi,

If a user dials 123 on their phone and that number then hits a translation pattern that translates to 123456 whilst a call is happening the display will show the called number as 123456 but when the call ends in the called party list the user will still see 123 as this is the number they dialled. I believe this is expected behavior? Is there anyway to change this so that the translated number of 123456 is the one that appears in the called party list on the phone?

Thanks!
Gaz

I don't know if it can be changed. But I see indeed the same that you described.

On the other hand I can imagine that this can't be changed.
For example think the otherway around and make a shorter number from the one you dialed:

Say I use a 0 for an outside line.

So if I start calling I dial 00123456789
In the displays it shows 0123456789

Then if it if possible to see the translated number in the called party list it should show 0123456789.
But what if this is a extension in you're pabx??? BINGO!! You'll call the extension and not the external number.

I agree it can probably be changed, Im just not sure where!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back