Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

numbering stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

puss1946

Vendor
Jul 3, 2014
US
I have a dhs/e that has two stations that have 347 on one and 000 on the other. I don't know how it got like this. I took over the system after it was like this. station port 103 has 347 in display. Calls can be made out to other phones and outside calls. No calls can be made to the station from other stations. Port 109 has 000 in display and does the same as 103. I haven't been able to find anything in the manual or online to correct the problem. When I call 103 or 109 I get out of service notice. Same with dialing 347 or 000.

Thanks
puss1946

While I"m not much of a DHS guy, that sounds unusual. The FP3 manual (last version I have) mentions station renumbering, but only within the valid range (100 to 195). If it were one of the other Vodavi products (STS, XTS, etc), then renumbering as you describe is a breeze. The only advise I have to offer is to try and use the "change station position" function.

Mike Forrence

I forgot to let you know about trying to change station ports. The programming won't let me enter either 103 or 109 for programming. I think the cards may be bad.
Can only put in 10 then won't let 9 or 3 be entered.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Puss1946

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back