Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Numbering Plan Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethereal112

Technical User
Aug 7, 2006
US
We upgraded our Cisco Call Manager and now the Elastix/Asterisk users have to dial 9+area code+7 digit local number to make an outbound call. I've seen this done before on the outbound route where you can automatically append the 9+ area code before the 7 digits but I tried and it didnt work. I used 9XXX+NXXXXXXX, can someone please verify that I have this correct? also, do I need to enter the same information on the SIP trunk over to Call Manager? thanks in advanced guys! much appreciated........

In the trunk to call manager dial rules insert a rule like: 9613+NXXXXXX

This would insert 9 and area code 613 in front of every 7 digit local call.

So on the SIP trunk configuration this is where I need to stipulate the 9+area code. On the outbound route, what do I need to do here? Making changes to the outbound route seems to have an effect on my dialing than the SIP trunk dialing rules.

scratch that busster, I got it working. Thanks for your help! worked like a charm....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back