Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Number Paramater

Status
Not open for further replies.

auburnfan

Technical User
Jan 4, 2006
US
I am using version 9.2 and an odbc database.
What I am needing to do is figue out a way to to be able to search for customers who have not called in X amount of days. I have tried to make a paramater but cannot seem to find this in the data.
What I need to do is figure out a way to match the last closed call to the X number of days. If that makes any sense.... Sorry if I am confusing not sure how to say what I am needing.
thanks in advance,

Group by the Customer, and try the following in the Report->Selection Formulas->Group:

currentdate-maximum({table.lastcalleddate},{table.customer}) > {?MyNumberParameter}

It'll be slow, but it should work.

If you post technical information, such as the database and if you have the rights and capability to build database objects, there may be a more efficient way.

-k

currentdate-maximum({table.lastcalleddate},{table.customer} > {?MyNumberParameter}

Tells me that a number is required here.
Sorry for asking stupid questions, but I do not have much exp with this stuff.

It's malformed, you forgot the terminating parenthesis:

currentdate-maximum({table.lastcalleddate},{table.customer}) > {?MyNumberParameter}

Otherwise it looks OK.

This assumes that you copied and pasted and not mistyped.

We might also have to do something about nulls...

-k

Ok...Here is the problem I think. I made my Paramater {?date}
but it is looking for an actual date(2006-03-14)I need to be able to type in a number
Example...
I need to know what customer has not called in 20 days, so when I open the report I need to be able to type in 20 in the paramater and not an actual date. If that is eve possible.
If not, I suppose I could count 20 days back and add enter the date.
Any suggestions?

make your parameter a number (for number of days)
or if you want the user to type in a date then it's just a simple < clause

Why would you make it a date type if you want someone to enter the number of days difference?

Make it a numeric.

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back